Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting websites-which ones are good?"

I feel I am qualified to answer this question.  We have a NCSA, Sportsrecruit, PBR Plus but not Field Level.  We have one other one too but the name escapes me at the moment.   Without question NCSA has gotten the most views and searches.   I would now just do one site if starting over and I would pick NCSA.  We have a few due to different travel programs recommending different sites.  Why even have a site?  Its a great place to upload his measurables and upload video and your son can provide the link when emailing coaches.   You can use it to identify the best college fits based on his grades and playing ability.   We used NCSA college search tool to zero in on 60 colleges at first (Soph year), then when we got more serious about his level of play we whittled it to 25 (Junior year).  Then when we really focused down on his major we got down to the 10 best fits (summer between Junior and Senior year).   The real culling of schools occurred when he realized he was allergic to encomics which knocked out the liberal arts schools.  He then emailed the coaches to alert them to where he was playing.  A number of coaches replied, maybe half the 10.   When we went to bigger events, like Headfirst those schools came to see him play.  Many more reached out post Head First.   

If you son is a D3 level player the most important thing he can do is create a list of the schools he would really like to attend and then reach out to the coaches the summer between junior and senior year.   If your son is a high end D1 talent they will find him without the sites (actually they would have found him already as he's a 2021).  If he's a D1 player outside the high end I don't quite know but I suspect having one site is not a bad call. 

Clearly these are just my opinions but NCSA was our go to, his process really worked out well as we had choices for his top schools and he couldn't be more excited to get to college next year.   As soon as he committed he tripled his gym time!  He's never been more focused.

I would love to hear what a coach has to say about these sites.  I suspect they will say nice to have but they need to see the kids play live.....