Skip to main content

Reply to "Recruiting websites-which ones are good?"

I am in the minority on this sight but from personal experience I found these sights were useful and beneficial for non D1 type player from average schools. It was an easy way to research schools and for schools to find us. Also  More and more teams are using these sights as recruitment tools. Especialy It broadens the travel team or school' s reach to more colleges and colleges' reach if they have limited budgets.  I would not do much above the lowest level however as the higher tiers don't really enhance exposure to coaches.

Note however that if you are truly a D1 recruit or are part of an established program with a proven track record for placing players you don't need these sights.

From personal experience these sites did generate interest from the coaches unsolicited. By that I mean coaches contacted us, not from us sending out info. Most of those went nowhere.  Mind you out of HS these were not top 25 any level except maybe 1 D3 and 1 NAIA at the time. Don't expect the sight to get you a D1 look. These coaches have a network with plenty of kids in place. 

HA son best results from Stanford and Headfirst and a coach with connections

More fun loving son Juco with field level got many $ offers Again midwest and NE.NAIA and some very good D3 but he was a catcher and schools searching for catchers. Local interest still from coach contacts.