Skip to main content

Reply to "Redbird Classic finals today"

quote:
Originally posted by sulltiger24:
With all due respect , going into saturdays games --we had you beat in the total run differential department.....which is what we thought was going to be the tiebreaker. Check the numbers . That was my point .... That is what we were looking at before and during our saturday game . Not how things shook out after saturdays games . I am aware of how the numbers ended up after sats games. Doesnt really matter now . Congrats to your team .

Very simple--explanation to that situaion-and it was explained to the COACH OF THE SPARKS FOR THAT GAME
IT WAS NOT THE RULES the sparks had--it was a description from the website---EACH COACH HAD AN EMAIL PRIOR TO THE TOURNEY SENT TO THEM stating to run off a copy of the DIAMOND SPORTS RULES and bring with them...Everyone on this website can get a set by going to www.diamondsportspromotions.com
clicking on that tourney description and looking at bottom...please do so and read the rules---This set of rules were used ALL SUMMER LONG--NO VARIABLES
ON THE description page of the tourney I personally made a mistake and typed in run differential due to Tim Brownlee and I discussing the difference of the two with Perfect Game using run differential...I stayed with RUNS ALLOWED ALL YEAR LONG instead of changing the rules--due to teams having a tendency of running up scores on opponents which were weaker to gain the advantage of run differential....That is not the purpose of holding these tourneys or events as i call them...
The sole purpose of having these events is explained very well on our website--GET THE KIDS SEEN IN GAME SITUATIONS rather then exposure events..
Field availability due to Illinois State field not being under construction limited our normal playoff environment in this tourney-- thus creating the situation of undefeated teams not making the final 4--- but every play, every pitch, every mistake is scrutinized in this environment--because just because you won the game doesn't mean you advance... NOT THE GREATEST format, i agree but the only one available for that number of teams wanting to play... Won't be that next year-- 2 more fields will be added--Heartland College Stadium and Illinois State.. I do not like to play any teams 3 games in 1 day--- would have been glad to stay over to Monday and play those teams but it doesn't do any good to play 3-4 games in one day--kids are exhausted..so finals were decided by THE ONLY SET OF RULES DIAMOND SPORTS HAS-- HEAD TO HEAD, RUNS ALLOWED...AS WE HAVE BEEN ALL 3 YEARS OF BUSINESS. We will be experimenting with run differential in some fall stuff...but I still don't like it
For Sparks, I apologize for the mix up--but we emailed you and said to run a copy of rules...The coach was fine with it after i explained to him on the phone... I am quite sure the Sparks got that information from another well known teams father ---Run Differential was never considered in the Redbird Classic-- just a communication mistake on MIKE VANHORNS PART..