Skip to main content

Reply to "Released Now what......"

That's awful, but not unusall...

While it is hard not to be angered, shocked, and hurt...I'd go with this as well...your best option at this point (not the only option however) is the current caoching staff...have seen numerous cases where coaches take some responsibiity for what has happened and will use their contacts to help place a player that they perceive as no longer fitting into their program.

I would also agree that one needs to be very aware of choosing level...and the safe path is to go some where where he is pretty well assured that he will play and contribute...however, the reality is that in the end that is as much about the subjectve view of the coach (opinion) as it is the objective view (talent). Again we are looking at fit, with the caoches perception of that player being a big part of the mix.

I'd also go back to those schools/caoches that your son had contcat with in the initial recruiting, I'd talk to his travel coaches, I'd talk to the coach at the school he is at now.

If you go the JC route, it may also be possible to attend the same 4 year as he is currently at and a local JC simultaneously (if there is one)...and play ball at the JC...so as to minimize the dislocation academcically, geographically and socially. Same school, same town, same education...different team.

Good luck.

Cool 44