Skip to main content

Reply to "Reliever/Closer for high school?"

High school doesn't really matter that much to me, my son's experience in HS was starting pitcher, an either first base or DH when not on the mound.  HC said this was the way to get the most out of him. 

Fast forward to college, 1st year coach D2 turned him into closer.  Had a great freshmen season.  Son wanted more mound time. 

Summer between 1st and 2nd year got recruited to JUCO with great baseball program and a offer he couldn't resist.  HC was making him starter as well.  Son jumped on it and transfered.

Second year, coach at JUCO changed plans after spending time and seeing him more.  He was made into the fireman, (came in in bad situations) and closer.  Has had great sucess, has the most appearances an has been in the top ten in ERA for D1 JUCO's.  He currently has 22 teams that contact him on a daily basis, he loves the attention. 

Bottom line for us the coaches have really known what they are doing and not only whats best for the team but the player as well.  JUCO HC is also speaking with these schools to assist us, (son and family) as the best fit for him baseball and school.

My advice for what its worth is sometimes you have to leave it to the guys that do this everyday.