Skip to main content

Reply to "Remembering Nick Adenhart"

I recall having chatted with deldad a few times, but I did not connect the dots that Nick was his son. My family was driving home from a baseball tournie in Vegas, I was passing the time reading the news on my iPhone and read about Nick's death in a car accident. The other passenger that is in ICU (former Fullerton catcher) was slated to be catching coach for a Connie Mack team my son was invited to play for this summer....Not to mention the others in the car - so horrific.

Today I came on to this site, as I suspected Nick's family probably posted here, and I was right - only to find out it was deldad.

Everyone knows that alcohol and automobiles do not mix. Even despite the unspeakable actual loss of life, the driver of the minivan has also almost certainly had his "life" taken away from him for doing something so unimaginably stupid - driving while intoxicated (again). I cannot imagine a greater tragedy than losing a child - I do not know how the human being recovers from such a loss. In the past few years our home town community has seen far too much loss like this.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Adenhart family and to all others who have suffered the loss of a child. God must have a special place for all of them, God must give them extra strength to exist in the face of such tragedy.