Skip to main content

Reply to "Report on the "New" bats"

quote:
Originally posted by Hot Corner Dad:
Watched my son's DII play a scrimmage today. They just got the new bats this week, so this weekend is their first time to use them in game-type conditions.

I can confirm that balls not centered didn't go anywhere. The sound was like deadened "thud". Still, one kid, not a big guy but one of the best hitters, hit two shots oppo (one was a long HR and the other hit the fence). If you square it up with these bats, it will still go.

Also noticed the coach working a lot on bunts. Pretty interesting to watch some very big guys try to get a bunt down. Something tells me they haven't been asked to do that in a long time.

Sounds like the bats are doing exactly what they should be doing then. Solid contact will result in good things happening, mi****s won't get you some of the cheap hits that normally wouldn't make it far out of the infield.

I'm sure that if I was the kid that had to hit with these bats I would be upset but it may actually work out for the kids in the long run. The true hitters will be noticed for their talent and rewarded.