Skip to main content

Reply to "Research resources for College Pitching programs/coaches"

I like Bishop's comments about choosing the school first (assuming he can play baseball at that school) and then start digging in further to make the final decision.  I don't think you will get some summarized article on a PC's coaching style so you have to take an indirect approach and maybe tailor it for exactly what you are looking for.  Some folks look as players drafted, but that may not tell the whole story and may be an indicator of top nothch recruiting as opposed to development.  Conversely, if you find a smaller D1 (or their PC more accurately) that seems to have success in getting "average" high school kids drafted, then that would suggest development.  12PITCHES comment could be viewed as PC strategy - they may be good at development, but may only want to focus on a few and let others fall by the wayside.  Doesn't mean they are not good at development, simply that they prefer to focus on a few and work at keeping new kids coming in every year to replace those that transfer or maybe simply quit.  I think what you are researching is quite nuanced and takes lots of effort and creative searching.