Skip to main content

Reply to "Reviving an old field"

field is not fenced on the sides or around the OF. so installing a drain wouldnt interfere with any existing fence or anything like that. I'm thinking we would simply do paint lines for now and work our way up to fencing later. Sideline fencing would not interfere with soccer, but outfield would. We have temp. fencing that we put up for the spring on the other field (also used for soccer). Just that orange plastic mesh stuff that comes in a big roll, with some good stakes. 

Im thinking this would be a long slow process getting it to be a full on baseball field. For now, i want to focus on just the essentials of getting the thing dry and playable. Its primary use would be practice and half the games of this preseason tourney. and possibly some MS games if there are scheduling conflicts or rainouts and we all end up needing to schedule home games on the same day. 

hard telling right now as we have a couple feet of snow on the ground haha. but if memory serves me corectly, the wet spot is probably 200-230ft from home. then another 120 or so feet to the woods...so we would be talking about a pretty long trench for a french drain haha. wet spot is probably 20X20 or so... never took too close of a look at it last year because it was my first year and it was all i could do to just focus on my team. now im at a point where i can really start to think about building a program and have time to plan. so ill be taking a close look this spring (which is mid April-may up here, when the snow finally thaws) and have a better idea exactly what im up against. Ive bounced the idea off our AD who has been here forever, since they actually used the field, and he likes the idea, if we can get the resources together. 

Thanks.