Skip to main content

Reply to "RHP 90 velo // 103 ex-velo bat"

Hungry for knowledge...looking to be a Bird Scout and own an academy for youth baseball boys. Have been an Operations Manager for travel ball organization - 3 yrs. // Cooperstown coach 2018 // Coach at the middle-school level.

Wow, discouraged by this site which I thought was to help in providing information to those that asked for it. I've stated factual information and merely asked for assistance from those more knowledgeable than I or who have gone through this process. When I realized my son has legit talent and the passion to play at the higher level, I immersed myself in baseball learning anything I could and talking to anyone that was willing to share. (I teach and have done so for over two decades so helping all kids is MY passion as is learning each and every day.) In 2016 I was asked to be the Operations Manager for our travel organization which I did in a heartbeat. I grew that organization to several teams while learning all I could about the game. The head coach asked if I would consider co-coaching and organizing a trip to Cooperstown. It was a success and my love of baseball continued to grow as my son was becoming more involved with some of the top teams in our area. I eventually went to Scout School to learn even more about the process knowing my son may be headed in that direction. (FYI - It was an introductory course in my state run by older ex-MLB scouts.) My husband owns a company and has not been involved with MLB, although he loves baseball. I was a high school athlete (track and field) so understand it up to that level. With my son being academically high as well as a top player in our state, I came here to try and learn and get advice. Sorry if you think my bio's "weird" or "clickbaitish," but I thought that's what this site was for...information. Unfortunately, it seems like I was wrong.