Skip to main content

Reply to "RHP 90 velo // 103 ex-velo bat"

Maybe I missed the post but is there a reason your kid's coach is not assisting in connecting with the college coaches? Super showcases like HF and Showball are great options, if you are local to the HA colleges, you should take your son for a campus tour. Walking the campus and seeing the brick and motar can really help in the decision. My 2022 kid was "engaged" with Patriot and Ivy coaches throughout his junior and rising senior year. The campus tours of those schools never blew him away, as some of the field/training facilities were old or required 20+ mins of travel time each way from campus...I was so proud/pleased he thought about the that. We visited a HA D3 school during his rising Jr year as it was near another D1 school he was visiting. He was first against going, but once his bloated teenage ego was put in check we walked the campus. He loved everything from the size of the campus and it had the perks of a state of the art facility and field. It just happened that the head of admissions was there that day and introduced himself to us and engaged with our knucklehead. He connected our kid with the HC and because of COVID he did not go their camp until his Jr year just after his HS baseball season. Kid was coming off an injury and still performed well, and was offered the next day. They never pushed for a decision. He went to WWBA in GA did pretty well, gave updates to all the schools he was still talking to but at the end of the tourney he committed to the HA D3. They showed the most interest and had a plan for him, even after he elected for major elbow surgery that fall.