Skip to main content

Reply to "RHP 90 velo // 103 ex-velo bat"

1) Baseball recruiting is as much about timing and being in the right place in front of the right person as much as anything.   I   I truly believe that the key to college baseball recruiting is being at the right event, performing at a high level, and having the right assistant coach in the audience at that time.   

5) College prospect camps are a complete waste of time unless the coaches at that school are directly communicating with you with text messages and phone calls asking you to specifically attend their camps.

Nice Post @Ster. I kept your points that were particularly relevant to my son's journey.  As for #5, that $75 we spent for a position based college specific prospect camp was the best $75 out of $$$ that we spent on showcases and camps.

Also no one asked so I'll inquire to @Beisbol Life. Has your son taken the SAT's/AC?. Even if some schools and even high academic schools may say they are "test" optional, if your son is HA, a good board score can break many a tie. Another poster mentions if he opts the public university route, the would be eligible for some academic aid. Also @Beisbol Life, looking at the Title of this thread, does your son see himself as a pitcher who hits, or a hitter (position player)  who can pitch? If he does have the measurables you say and is not adverse to moving out East, there should be some opportunity to play in the Ivy league, and also continuing to hit and pitch. Where else (besides P) has he played in the field?