Skip to main content

Reply to "RHP was recruited to play in college - without playing travel. It's possible."

I just personally gunned my sons friend, just completed Freshman year at a D3, who couldn't crack his rotation and he was cruising 87-88 for a few innings this past weekend.   I don't know what his teammates throw to be clear.  I hear you though, you would need to see it to believe it.  I do believe it - the two kids in 90's both taking graduate years at D1's.  My sons team and his friends team were top 15 and both are pretty high end D3 level baseball and the programs have been for years.

Also didn't Chapman have a guy low to mid 90's in 2019? Drafted?  To be fair to your point - these could just be one offs.  Sorry further clarity - you are correct my assumption were most were mid to high 80's who saw time.   I feel pretty good about it being mid 80's for the balance but I might have stretched that a bit.

Nick Garcia. He’s legit. Seems like SCIAC has a pitcher drafted every other year. But you have to play in a high profile summer league. Nobody is scouting D3 games.

https://www.milb.com/player/nick-garcia-694356