Skip to main content

Reply to "RHP was recruited to play in college - without playing travel. It's possible."

DanJ. I completley agree playing on a solid travel team is now table steaks for a kid trying to play in college. We knew we were facing a huge disadvantage by not playing travel due to the cost/time. That's why we had to look for an alt strategy. I thought, how many D1 schools need to recuit pitchers with a 34 ACT? Almost none of them need to. They can recruit a kid with a 27 ACT who throws 95. We lose in that scenario. However, when you ask "how many HA D3 schools can find a kid with a 34 ACT and can can throw 90?" Not many. To verify, we searched the HA D3 rosters and checked those player's the Perfect Game stats. We could see most were throwing mid 80s and topping out at 87. So I knew the HA window was his best shot at generating recruiting interest. I was actually surprised by the interest by the midD1s. You're right, in hindsight, I should have titled this post: "RHP was recruited to play in college - without playing travel. It's almost impossible." . . . Yes, we were an outlier.