Skip to main content

Reply to "Richmond North-South Academic Camp/PG WWBA Marietta Georgia"

The WWBA won't have much value for him if he isn't 87+. It is an overwhelming majority D1 with the rest of the schools in lower divisions being more local. On top of that if you're not on a team with well connected coaches it's almost completely useless and you'll be going to games with maybe a few colleges there to see the other team. Lightning can strike, but there are cheaper ways to go about this. I understand that Diamondkast and those things exist, but the coaches are in Georgia, if they're not coming to watch you play they're going to see somebody else. Especially for a PO who might pitch 2x max. 

As far as the Richmond camp, I don't know which schools have attended in the past, but VA is not close to either of those schools. A bit of a hike for them. I'd call and see which schools have attended in the past, might be something worth doing, but your best bet would likely be driving north into NJ or PA. 85 would definitely catch the attention of the staff at the Swarthmore camp. For your son going to a HA camp where he blends in might not be the best route, but going to a smaller camp where 85 will stand out could be better for him.