Skip to main content

Reply to "Rising Junior - gaugeing interest"

Ormom....

Questionaires mysteriously seem to get to some players early. I think the intent is to get a leg up. The excuse is didn't know class. We got some when son was a freshman.

85 for a LHP is getting right on the border of turning heads - lefty's do not have the same velocity because they are...well...lefties.

IMO, I would would become more proactive, I immediately establish a list of preferred schools (20-30) equally distributed between dream schools, good fits and fallbacks and thgen I would research them in depth, including the baseball programs. I would also send a introductory letter to each recruiter and follow them up with a phone call expressing interest. Lots of the schools have prospect information on line.

I would go back to the programs who you spend camp time with and reestablish contact. I would ask for a frank assessment.

In a nutshell,would suggest a more proactive marketing plan, don't wait for them to come to you. The reality is that like it or not, that is the reality of the current recruiting process for the non blue chips.