Skip to main content

Reply to "Rising Junior Summer Strategy"

I agree with everything that has been offered by others.  Your son has time to develop his skills in his frame.  You've mentioned he is a RHP/OF sitting at 80.  What about batting and his speed....are these tools that he could leverage at the next level or does he prefer to pitch?  I ask this question because many people at your son's age are beginning to decide between position player or pitcher.

One of the best things we did when my oldest son was about your son's age was get him a pitching coach that was not associatied with his travel team.  This helped tune his mechanics, pitching arsenal, thought process and brought out the best in him.   There was a lot of "homework" that he did on his own (long toss, band work, etc....) but having someone to work with on a fairly regular basis was instrumental to his success.  Goosegg had offered that up, and I wanted to emphasize that suggestion.

Velocity & skill opens doors.   Academics opens doors.   Sometimes these are different doors and sometimes they can be the same doors.  As you are developing your strategy, look at all the possible options based on your son's goals and focus on a list a schools that fit those goals.  There are so many options, and the people at HSBBWeb can help you. 

Recruited= passion + skill + exposure + persistence + luck. 

Good luck!