Skip to main content

Reply to "Rivals Now Ranking 6th Graders"

A 5'3" 105 12 yo throwing 68 would be a sight to behold.  He must have incredible mechanics.  So who is the better prospect?  I don't honestly know.  On the one hand the big kid has not very far to go.  And I hit puberty at 11 and still grew a heck of a lot more and ended at 6'4".  Just cause you start to get a little hair on your legs doesn't mean you are done growing.  I would still say.the 78mph kid is a slightly better prospect cause all he really needs is about 7 or 8 mph to pitch somewhere D1 and its likely growth alone will take care of that.  The 5'3" kid?  Also a prospect I would say.  How tall are his parents?  The one thing I would worry about with that kid is to throw 68 at that age and size I don't even need to see him to say his mechanics have to be darn near perfect.  So he won't gain any velocity due to better mechanics it will all have to be growth and maturity.   Who will win the race to the mid to upper 80's and D1 recruitability?  I am cheering for both!  One thing is for sure I would have really enjoyed watching that match up.  If we are all still on here a few years from now set a calendar alert to tell us how the two turned out!