Skip to main content

Reply to "Roger Clemens"

Only his trainer and Roger has his workout. It is not as simple as what is put down in paper and I am sure it constantly changes due to a large amount of variables such as:
-In-season
-Off-season
-Pre-game (or days leading up)
-post-game (otherwise know as recovery and regeneration work)
-sleep
-nutrition
-travel schedule (long flights, long road trips, long homestand, appearances, business's, etc)
-Family

I can go on all day here. But the point being even if was a simple as what was written down on paper, very few individuals would do well on his program.

For example a high school player would not do well on Roger's current program because he would be at a completely different point in his athletic development that Roger is. A younger athlete has different concerns than MLB superstar.

This is rarely understood. Most think because a pro does it than they should to. That IS NOT the workout that got them to where they are. Of course it is a big part of what they are doing currently, but even Roger himself would not have done well on his current program when he was in HS, college or even earlier in his professional career.

Also, to avoid making two seperate posts on the same topic there is another thread on this forum about Chone Figgins workout. There is a very slim chance that is the workout he actually does. Typically these are ghostwritten or completely changed by the editors.

Sorry for the rant but I just wanted to clear the air. This is not a knock on anybody wanting to learn more about pro workouts. I just felt there was a need to explain the difference.

Mtownfan, you may just want to know what his workout looks like just because. That is fine. This answer is more so directed to the younger balplayer who reads this forum.