Skip to main content

Reply to "Roger Clemens"

PG, I don't think anybody takes delight in reading these names but I do believe there has been due diligence in the process. Personally, I would be more sympathetic to the 'lets be fair'position had the players cooperated in any way. Far from it. They and their union have stone walled this thing every step of the way and as a result have no one to blame but themselves for the current cry of "off with their heads." As we tell our kids when they react to our over reaction to their mistakes, "why didn't you think about this before you did what you did?"
Regarding kids and steroids, PG has been in a unique position to observe the growth of this culture since you observe elite athletes for a living. May I ask what you've seen in the past 6 or 7 years at the high school level in terms of the player's increased size, strength and speed and have you had concerns that some of what you've seen is steroid enhanced? Hopefully its not too personal a question but I would find your response interesting and maybe helpful.