Skip to main content

Reply to "Roger Clemens"

I just listened to an interview with F.P. Santangelo.
He said he knew about 60 days ago that he would be in the report.
Sat down with his 2 children to explain the entire situation about his purchase and use of HGH, including the fact that he cheated.
It was compelling to, on the one hand hear him say he is relieved that it is out, that he admits his use, that he is ashamed and knew he was cheating at the time and how his love for the game, the competition and everything about it led him to compromise everything he believed in about the integrity of the game.
I posted yesterday and continue to believe that the bulk of the blame should not be on many of these players.
The scouting report the Dodgers had on LoDuca, the Giants management of information brought to management by the head trainer, and the silence of the Union throughout is where the responsibility needs to be placed and isn't.
Most of us work for a living. It would be hard to imagine any executive of a successful business being told that illegal drugs are being sold and distributed on your premises and to your employees, and nothing would be done, quickly and decisively.
It would be hard to conceive an annual performance review being provided in which an employee's drug use, and it's impact on the work, would be openly discussed.
But that is exactly what the report tells us about the Giants and Dodger organizations.
Had MLB management and the union dealt with this issue, some very good people might have not been in positions like F.P. Santangelo and others.
There is little doubt players made very poor choices.
However there isn't a workplace in the US that could/would operate knowing the nature and extent of the drug use described in this report and the owners, the commissioner, the GM's of every organization, and the executives in the MLBPA should accept more ownership than they are.
I have a sense that naming players helps them avoid that ownership.
Last edited by infielddad