Skip to main content

Reply to "Roller Coaster Ride"

luvbb,

You can't get off of the ride, because you are along for the ride. It is a helpless feeling and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it. OldSlugger said it right....because you love him. When he is doing great and "HAPPY", you are happy, when he is down and out, you are down and out. Certainly does not make it easy, I know I have been there (very similar situation), and you have to find ways to keep your mind off of it so it does not consume you. How folks cope with this type of situation varies but if you find your "OWN" way to take your mind off the situation even for a little bit........it WILL help.

Your son, is not where he wants to be now as far as his skill level. He also MUST put things into persepective. When you miss a full year of this sport (as my son did for different reasons), it is ALL uphill. He has to continue to work and work hard and get back to where he was before the injury.....then get beyond that to the point where he is improving his skills.

If he loves this game and I believe he does, then he will be just fine. What he has to accomplish takes TIME. He will get there, and you will be right there with him.

O42