Skip to main content

Reply to "Roller Coaster Ride"

quote:
but folks in general in these situations will WORRY themselves SICK. To the point where the game is just not fun anymore.

Very good point Orioles! I might add that it is a tremendous "weight loss" plan too! Wink

Did not mean to make you feel your prior post was "not important" in anyway! Wink Actually, I know of a "few" people who are going thru difficult times "baseball-wise" right now...there is some comfort in knowing you aren't alone in dealing with frustration. That bad things DO happen to good people unfortunately. Sometimes, we only feel comfortable posting when GOOD things are happening for our sons....it is much more difficult to acknowledge publicly the "not so good" times. I have come to the same conclusion pretty much that you espoused....stepping back and realizing you have no control and letting someone (or something) else lead the way. I have found over the past year that a certain mantra keeps popping up in my brain "What is meant to happen, will happen." It doesn't necessarily make it any "easier" to deal with the difficult times.....but it does help in the "letting go" that grips many of us parents. BUT....I am STILL known to change my seat, leg position, take off sunglasses, put on sunglasses, etc. to ensure a timely hit when things are slumping! Wink I can't relinquish control COMPLETELY! Big Grin

What also helps????? Perhaps a couple servings of that Green Wine that Pamom is brewing tonight???? Big Grin
Last edited by luvbb