Skip to main content

Reply to "roster reading"

quote:
with their record of last year, he needs to find a better way

Agreed - and in more ways than one. Below are quotes by Baylor Head Coach Steve Smith after Baylor's 12-2 victory over Stephen F Austin in May:

quote:
On (SFA Head Coach) Johnny Cardenas instructing his pitcher to throw at Gregg Glime

“Their coach (Johnny Cardenas) admitted to both me and the home plate umpire that he has instructed his pitcher to throw at our hitter two or three innings prior (to the eighth inning) and that is why he jerked the pitcher and the catcher out of the game after that happened. The new guy out there (Chris Court) throws at Gregg (Glime). The guy they wanted to hit, by instruction of the coach, by his own admission, was because Raynor (Campbell) was swinging wood tonight. How someone finds that offensive, I don’t know. Maybe if our entire team came out here swinging wood, maybe that would show you up.”

On Raynor Campbell using a wooden bat::

“For one guy who is hitting .240 with a metal bat to come out here and swing wood, he is just trying to figure it out. The guy hit .320 last year in the Cape swinging wood. He was going to give it a try to see if he can find a feel for it, that’s not showing anybody up. Obviously it set me off to hear him articulate that so clearly. End of story. (Stephen F. Austin) will not be coming back here as long as (Johnny Cardenas) is there….

http://www.baylorbears.com/spo...ecaps/051209aad.html