Skip to main content

Reply to "Rotator Cuff Fatigue"

vhs,

I've heard of it (rotator cuff fatigue), but not experienced it with two pitching sons. I hope everything gets better for your son quickly. HS tryouts and season is right around the corner.

I do know my college pitching son did a lot of exercises in the garage and at the gym (during winter break) every other day specifically for shoulder and rotator cuff muscles. The coach gave him a workout routine that he did religously that included J-bands and longtoss. There was no mound work just throwing. He told me it is all about flexibility and working with light weights for many repititions. He showed me the exercises and the shoulder specific stretching that I could us for my tennis game.

I guess if I was you, I would get the sports doctor or physical therapist to clear/approve the "home routine" your son is doing. Then ask for specific exercises to strengthen the shoulder & rotator cuff that he could possible do on the off days of the elbow physical therapy....just an idea.

Here is 4 exercises he showed me, and he did as a warm up to the other exercises. Again, I would probably want to clear this with the Dr or PT.Rotator Cuff Exercises
Last edited by fenwaysouth