Skip to main content

Reply to "Rotator Cuff Fatigue"

coach2709

quote:
“Yardbird do you realize that you never told VHS how to check his biological age?”

It was a moot point at this time because he said that his son was chronologically 17 y and 3 mo. giving him more than enough leeway to proceed with adult training.I just gave him the basics and a heads up. Had his son been chronologically 14 or 15 there would have been a chance that his elbow problems could have involved his growth plates making the mechanical diagnosis more difficult and mentionable? In hind site I guess I could have told him to check Dr.Marshall’s very detailed information of the how’s and why’s. Thanxs for that and I will in the future.

Vhs_02_2012,

quote:
“I thought I had overlooked it or was too stupid to figure it out from the description”

Giving you details at that point would have been way over the top, even though everybody complains about the limited information I pass on anyway. Since when explaining injurious situations by parents here and elsewhere not one has started with biological age and shows that this information is seemingly unimportant to all including coaches when asking youth pitchers to perform training routines or competitions.
It is actually of the most importance! And should be the first consideration when anybody talks about these subjects, especially medical doctor's, did yours?
Last edited by Yardbird