Skip to main content

Reply to "Running tab for Summer Ball"

I'll bite...

My son was fortunate enough to be asked to play this summer for a sponsored team (16U) being run by a group of scouts.  There are no team fees or uniform costs, so what I will keep track of is all of that "incidental" stuff.

The kid is a PO for his school, but the summer coaches are having him hit.  Since we are playing some wood bat tourneys, he needed a new bat. ($100)

Our first tourney was this past weekend in Jupiter. It was only an hour away, and we ended up with favorable scheduling, so only one night in the hotel.  Son's girlfriend traveled with us, so we got a suite with a separate room for her to sleep in. ($200)

Drive through lunch on Saturday on the way to the park ($25).  Decent dinner for 5 after Saturday double header ($100).  Hotel had free breakfast on Sunday. Lunch at the park ($30).  Various drinks/snacks/etc. ($50)  Gas ($30) Gate fees ($30)

So running total this far is $565.  We have at least 3 more tourneys scheduled including a trip to Lake Point at the end of July.

I'll keep updating as the summer progresses. Next up is Vero Beach starting on June 5th.