Skip to main content

Reply to "Running tab for Summer Ball"

This will be an interesting topic to keep an eye on.

The entire "machine" has become expensive.

I include my services in that statement.  I'm very sensitive to the fact that every penny adds up though.  So, while some keep raising fees, I haven't raised mine in years.  And I actually look for ways reduce my fees.  That is one of the main reasons we film entire teams and organizations now.  Price per player drops dramatically.  As far as our College Bus Tours goes, there are lots of expenses that come along with the trip, so I can't reduce it but so much.  However, I've become creative with how a family can offset their fee.  And families are really taking advantage!  

The topic of "cost of baseball" comes up in lots of conversations these days.  

I'd say a family should keep a few things in mind....  

A) The math sucks!  We are talking baseball, not football, so stop thinking you are "investing" towards a full scholarship.  Doesn't exist.  And any kid getting a full baseball scholarship doesn't need to be spending thousands traveling the globe.  

B) Remember that baseball is a hobby.  With that in mind, keep in mind that there are lots of way more expensive hobbies out there than baseball.  Fly fishing or straight up flying would cost much more!

C) If chasing baseball around the state/region/country is not affordable for your family then I would strongly encourage you to stop do it.

D) If you continue to spend more than you can afford, don't complain to anyone!

E) Isn't Atlanta your dream vacation spot after all?  Goes something like Atlanta, Hawaii, Hilton Head as top 3 best summer vacation spots I think.

Rich

www.PlayInSchool.com/bus_tour