Skip to main content

Reply to "Russell County High Busted"

quote:
Originally posted by Novice Dad:
quote:
Originally posted by tonyIII:
Just an update for those who just read the headlines and never care to follow up. 4 players reinstated. That great super did a fine job excluding them from their first weeks of playing and oh, the principal quit, or disappeared or, what did the super say? He was reassigned. Don't you just love our wonderful highly educated cadre of educators? When will they start to focus on the student rather than their political ambitions?

I hope justhitit reads the end of the story.

Let me play Devils advocate here. You have 5 kids who transfer in to a very strong baseball school...don't you think that might draw a little attention. You have a couple guys out on the field...no problem...are they using school equipment, is someone coaching them in the wings?

It may be completely innocent (especially the practice), but even though the "transfers" (based on earlier post) are now OK don't you think that just maybe they've learned how to work around the system?

Many of us probably have first or second hand knowledge of kids who have transferred, of course for academic reasons...but how come they never transfer to a cr@*#y baseball program or football or basketball program.

As far as who reported it jealousy maybe but Where theres smoke .....

Hmmmmm. Oh I see devilman. No other school in American had 5 students transfer into their jurisdiction. Only Russell County. And you know what. I bet a bunch of those transfers went into loser schools. Just because you spout off an incident does not make the incident a fact or even a statistic. Take a higher level math course and remember to bring matches so you can light another fire. The media has just a small bit of interest in focusing on half truths and controversy. It sells dude. Hey why would you write about 5 students who transferred into a school which had a loss ratio higher than its winning statistics? Because if you wrote about that nobody would read past the first paragraph. Makes more sense to write about controversy then it does to write about a winning program, or a winning coach, or highly talented students. It is not worth writing about the heartbreak and emotional rollercoaster these students had to go through before they were reaccepted into their team. It is so much easier to write innuendo and let the hurt fall where it may. I would like to know what ulterior motive the politicians played in this scenario. I would like to know what motives the educational hierarchy achieved by building a child's hopes up and allowing them to transfer and play on a team, only to say wait a minute you can't play even though you did everything according to the rules. Inquiring minds would like to know before someone tries to blow that smoke you mentioned in your posting.