Skip to main content

Reply to "Russell County High Busted"

quote:
Originally posted by Fungo:
TonyIII,
Out of curiosity, who do you think got this sensationalized story started? And who would have anything to gain by it? (other than the papers) Surely the Russell County school administration or the local politicians wouldn’t want the negative publicity that surrounds an alleged incident such as this. We went through a similar situation a few years back that saw our high school baseball’s record of 23-3 wiped away because the TSSAA and our HS coach were having a personal war. They claimed we had illegal transfers, illegal practices and the players were severely punished by being stripped of games and tournaments won, reduction of games and the team was prohibited from post season play. Just last week the private high school in our town that had won the 2005 state baseball championship was stripped of their title because there was a player (or players) that was behind on their tuition.
Fungo

Fungo,
I really would like to know how it started. It does not make sense other than to boil it down to local jealousy and media misinformation that sensationalizes any conflict and never follows up with the resolutions (Not pithy enough I suppose)

Maybe Rasmus should run for superintendent of schools. That would stir up a hornets nest. Could he be a teacher and superintendent at the same time?

Keeping the personal politics and sensationalism out of the headlines would be a nice direction to follow. It is truly amazing to me to see time and time again the remarks made by the students that sound so much more intelligent and compassionate than we adults seem to manage. The quote in the newspaper this week stated: " Case Rasmus said. "We showed them we are the better team -- at least today, we were." A touch of bravado and a hint of humbleness. That is what I want to read about baseball.