Skip to main content

Reply to "sad day"

Texan...You don't need to lecture me about anything. I was part of history as a refugee in Germany from 1944-1949.

The premise of our troops going to Iraq was based on faulty intelligence gathered by the Administration, whether Clinton before or Bush later. There were no weapons of mass destruction that Saddam was intending to use on anyone. Whether wiretappinggate; portgate; abramhoff (sp) gate; intelligence gathering on civiliansgate; and, in the past week, Gitmogate and the President's loss in the Supreme Court. He never learns.

I voted for him because I thought Kerry was a jerk. I was wrong to do so.

There is a reason why only 35% or so Americans approve of the President's performance in office.

I want justice for the 2500+ Americans who have lost their lives. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with WWII or Korea (I lost a relative in Korea) or Vietnam.

Our military budget this year is $592 BILLION.
For what? DC is now worth over $100 million. He has heart problems. How much more does the VP have to make for himself and his cronies?

Poor Americans, poor Hispanic Americans and poor blacks make up the bulk of today's army. The reservists, thinking that they were going to be weekend warriers never DREAMED that they would be going to Iraq to see so many of their friends get blown up by car bombs. I don't want another AMERICAN soldier in harms way.

I thought the "hippies" were all screwed up in the '60's. Guess what? They were right about Viet Nam. We lost.

Any President's problem is an educated populace.

Bring the troops home.