Skip to main content

Reply to "Scapula loading"

Teacherman

I am saying that this movement makes the bat turn in a circular path that matches the hips and the energy tranfer is pure and complete.I am saying that when you connect the parts correctly you can take a swing with considerably less effort and hit the ball hard.

On video ( for the slo-mo swing evaluators)
1. The hands lead/ beat the elbow to the slot.

2. The lead elbow gets above the plane of the pitch naturally because as the the bottom hand works under the top and then the top around the bottom to get on plane the lead elbow is directed to a plane above the ball

3. The hands stay palm/palm through the zone.

4. The knob starts to the oppo box not the picher( which is a linear hand path)

5. The hips are turning slightly ahead of the shoulder

As Jack said..."most batter have adequate hip shoulder rotation... but most lack the mechanics to match the circular hip turn with a circular hand path . I am talking about how to get the circular hand path that all great hitter have.

Paul ***** has said to learn how to rotate and all this works itself out....that the bat will flail into a circular path if you scap load and turn like hell. THis is probably a true statement for some but certainly not all.
While there are definite benefits to a good hip turn , it will not assure angular displacement of the bat and an "in sync upper body". From a near static position, the hips and hands have a tendency to go at the same time and the knob goes to the pitcher and you have a linear upper body and rotational lower..hence the kinetic chain is disconnected.

BBScout....Flambouyance?? THis is a method to get the bat following the path of rotation for angular acceleration. You can measure the effect with physics formulas. You cannot measure style with math and predict exponential energy increases. It has absolutely nothing to do with style other than it is a method some individuals employ to get the proper bat path. Some can get the proper bat path without it but I can find many many clips of those that use it.

It amounts to something as simple as this. This is how to swing in a circle at a ball coming in a straight line as it is not the human tendency. Swinging in a circle is mechanically far far superior to keep the bat in the zone longer, hit to all fields, and attain top bat speeds
Last edited by swingbuster