Skip to main content

Reply to "Scholarships"

I agree with RJM's point....don't wait to find out who CAN be interested in your son...take the initiative to find out who is interested in your son.  You can do this by yourself, through the high school coach & travel coach or others. 

As MidloDad has stated many times.....Virginia has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to college baseball.  My oldest son was throwing a similar velocity as your son when he was a high school junior but he did not have your son's frame.   My son was offered at D1 mid-majors and D3 schools.  Your son has the potential to get some additional looks by some of the bigger D1 programs.

I believe the best thing your son can do is spend the time to boost his board scores and I think some additional doors will open athletically at the D1 level and academically at the D3 level.   Also engineering is a "rough rodeo" regardless if he plays college baseball or not.  I would be sure engineering is what he wants to study because he is going to limit the target schools considerably in Virginia and elsewhere.

As always, JMO.  Good luck!