Skip to main content

Reply to "School Ball and Summer Ball Collision"

2019OF posted:

Man, I'm glad my kid doesn't play for some of the coaches in this thread. "I will say, though, that freshman would be in for a bit of a jolt if he came in with even a hint of trying to tell me how things are going to be.  I guarantee that would be "corrected" real quickly.  He would know instantly that my expectation is that he respectfully ask." If the kid wants to take his travel coaches advice, and not throw, you would get that "corrected"? It's his arm, his career, who would you be to tell him what to do outside of the designated season?

Well, I'd be one of them and you can go check out my history/resume.  It is all over this site.  I've been a moderator here for way over a decade.  You have done your research and have expert opinions.  Many of us have done the same.  You'll find differing opinions on just about everything baseball related.  Nolan Ryan doesn't believe in pitch counts at all.  So, there is that.  The best thing about being a parent, and I encourage you to do this, is that if you don't like what the HS Coach does, take your son off of the team.  I'm sure TB coaches are the end all know all and never abuse any arms.  

I'd guess that it is outside the TB Coach's season as well.  Then again, you are probably paying them thousands of dollars per year so ...

Last edited by CoachB25