Skip to main content

Reply to "scout home visit"

quote:
Originally posted by TPM:
Every experience that son had (HS) with scouts were nothing but positive.

Usually folks are down on the process when things didn't go well, usually the player got drafted much later than the family expected or he got less scholarship money than expected.

In so far as many college coaches are concerned, they aren't truthful to recruits, son spent a season being bullpen catcher, does anyone really think regardless of the money a player would accept this up front? Many of his current and ex teammates were in the same situation. Every JC has several ex D1s on their rosters. I'm thankful son is through the recruiting process.

Sultan, good analogy, I'm being convinced the majority of posters are either employed in a baseball related business or had sons who were never lied to and went first round.

JH, I believe JaggerZ is not in a position to name names as he still has a relative in the system. Maybe some day he can do that for us. People are blacklisted in baseball for telling the truth. Shortly our son's journey will come out.

PGstaff, good advice as always. As I've said in the past, son would have been overjoyed if he had ever got drafted any round. We never made it to the home visit level so I didn't have to spruce up our trailer.
Last edited by Pop Up Hitter dad