Skip to main content

Reply to "Scout Talk?"

quote:
Originally posted by Coach_May:
Jeff is doing great. He decided to transfer after last season and is now at Lander University in Greenwood SC. His new coaches are oustanding guys HC Kermit Smith and AHC Chris Anderson are just super folks. It was a good move for him for many reasons.

From all accounts he is having a great fall season and he really loves the school and the area. I will certainly let Jeff know you asked about him the next time I talk to him. I am sure we will cross paths sometime next season!

Coach May - I believe this is the first time you have posted publicly on the subject. I just wanted to say publicly what a big Jeff May fan I have become. Not once did I hear that kid (or his Dad) whine about things. I didn't hear one single excuse. All I saw posted here was how other people were noticing how hard Jeff was working even when his name was not in the lineup. When his name was in the lineup, all he did was field his demanding position (catcher) and hit for high average. Not easy to do when you don't know when your number will be called. Like I said in the other thread, deeds - not dialog. Jeff, and how he handled things, is what we stand for here at the hsbbweb.