Skip to main content

Reply to "Scout Talk?"

quote:
Originally posted by TPM:
by XMLBScout:
"My question was to see if a forum could be started here, but if it's going to cause that many problems, I will not start a thread for the upcoming and future drafts and keep my posts to my personal site. I don't charge for my services or for what I write about and If I do help players get a chance at a scholarship or professional baseball, because of something I passed onto a club or school, or what they saw that I wrote, that's fantastic."

I was wondering if you got an answer to that question?

I am asking you as was stated in another post, what is the need to post player's reports, here? Is some scout, crosschecker or GM of a ML team going to read your reports here for consideration for the upcoming draft?

Actually, being a moderator or not has nothing to to with voicing my opinion.

Yes, I do have a problem with it. And I am voicing that concern, you may do as you wish.
TPM, you didn't answer my questions and you didn't state what your problem is with me, you said you have a problem with "it". Also, why are you accusing other board posters that have been here for a long time, that they are me or I am them? I have had several folks tell me this and I will leave them nameless.

I do not work for any ML team currently and I was asking if info on HS players who may have an opportunity because there is no guarantee, being possibly drafted, could be posted in a "SCOUT THREAD". Are scouts going to read my reports? I don't really care to be honest with you! It would be flattering, but that's not the point of posting info on players I've seen. The point was to help players, because you are not going to get a scouting report unless, a) you pay for a service or b) scouts don't give out player reports that are currently working for a ML team. Since I'm not a service nor paid to scout, there you have my point.

You state you have a son playing professional and scouts came to your house, yadda yadda and the club didn't come calling before the draft? Hmm.. A lot of scouts I know don't always talk to the family before they draft or do draft a player, that's their preference because some bizzy boddy parents tell the whole world that "scout alpah" came over last night and they asked how much my son was worth, etc. Blabbidy blab blab doesn't help the family any and it definitely doesn't help that area scout any. If I was currently working for a club right now, I would not be posting any info any where on the web/internet.

So there you have it!! Period, end of story!

Thanks for those who appreciate baseball info and I will not post "Draft" information in the "Draft" thread about players on the HSweb. But I will still take PM and read the boards for questions/concerns that parents/players have.

Take care everyone! Happy Holidays!

X
Last edited by XMLBScout