Skip to main content

Reply to "Scout Talk?"

quote:
Originally posted by fathertime71:
Now that we have that out of the way....I have a few questions for you that I bet you won't answer w/o further personal attacks.

Why are you no longer a forum moderator? (Inquiring minds want to know)

Did you lose your power? Why do you suppose that is?(one can only wonder)

Coincidence or did ya just decide to retire

Was all this undue lack of respect towards those who give and continue to demonstrate passion for the "love of the game" really necessary? (pray tell)

Shep,
I still have my moderating tools, though upon my own request I asked to have them taken away, several times and just recently.

Interesting that you should ask, unless you are aware of something that I said to someone when I apologized for a mistake, then that would mean I was correct all along.

Just remember folks, I do not have multiple names or personalities, never have and never will.

FWIW, I really detest people with agenda's. Take that for what it's worth.

I got to go with Jerry's warnings in his post and wonder why he closed the PG forums, he's our biggest supporter here and big fan of the HSBBW and provides great insight and advice as to what scouts look for, not sure why the info isn't good enough. No one has to post players names to let parents know what scouts look for draft consideration.

Find it strange that X who claims he goes out on the road to watch many players (yet not a scout and very busy with his job) and never been to PG in Jupiter. For sure that's the scouting event of the year, yet in all of these years he's never gone, I find that strange, very, doesn't anyone else find that strange.

Yes, it's we, Shep, only I just am the type who speaks up, and, just like you, in some cases, I can be annoying.

I do beleive that making the HS team and recruiting was the intended purpose of the site. Let's not forget that. In reality, very few will ever get drafted out of HS and sign, but a lot more will go to college. Aren't there sites out there that provide more info on players being drafted? Why not leave that to the PG and the BA type sites? You gonna tell me that here you guys can provide information on that? Or it's just for free?

This has nothing to do with having lack of respect for those who have an undying love and passion for the game.

If you are talking about lack of respect, some need to take a close look in the mirror, IMO, I can't get over how some come here for the first time (or sneak back in), try to kiss up and then just take over, or do the same thing they did to get booted out in the first place.

One last thing, if you know anything at all about people, then you know that most don't like someone else talking up their kids on a message board.