Skip to main content

Reply to "Scout Talk?"

quote:
Originally posted by ClevelandDad:
TPM must have hit a nerve with Shep and XMLB because now we can see the darker side of things - from both of them.

I can assure everyone here that PGStaff only posts under one name. It should be obvious to even the casual observer.

When you are a name dropper, you lose credibility imho. Your ideas should stand for themselves. They shouldn't require name-dropped attribution to back them up.

XMLB - I caught the slip-up on Jeff May right away when it was posted and it raised my eyebrows frankly. Others have suggested that you are an Internet scout and I am starting to believe that. BTW, I am the best Internet scout on the planet and if you don't believe me, just ask me (sarcasim off)
Cleveland Dad and TPM, I appreciate the feedback.

PG had a terrific "SCOUT TALK" message board that I loved over the last 5 years posting info on about the upcoming draft and players seen etc., and since I don't work for any ML affiliate, I didnt' see any harm in it and from the many emails, private messages I had from parents, all positive by the way, I was glad to have been any help in giving information to them along the way.

TPM asked why I never have been to a PG National Event or the Jupiter event, etc., and that answer is simply, why should I pay for a list of names that I can accumulate by paying a gate pass to and writing their names down? A lot of the players I report on don't necessarily attend a PG event and you will find players that are listed on their PG Profiles, as attending World Bat tourneys, but not attending one of their pay for showcase events.

I've been to the first ever AFLAC event before it moved over to San Diego and attended a couple out there when it did move, I went to the first Under Armour Classic in 2009 and was not able to attend this years, you can ask around if you really feel the need to, LOL, no sarcasm intended, and I regularly attend tourney's in Charleson SC, Greenville NC, Conway SC, ACC events in Durham, Chapel Hill, Raleigh, juco games in Louisburg, Big 12 games in Lincoln Neb or Austin Tx. I go to where my former job allowed me to go and by chance just happened to lineup good matchups of pitchers or players going against one another. Is there anything wrong with that?

Sharing information and not being paid for it is a bad thing? Is it hurting anyone's chances to gain a scholarship or another look from a scout? And to think that area scouts don't read this or the PG message boards is true, would be a farce, because I know of several current front office folks and area guys that do read what's posted on certain message boards, so the world as we know it in the scouting world is smaller than we might think!

Again, I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, no sarcasm intended to the "bird dogs" out there, nyuk nyuk, :::slapstick humor from the 3 stooges:::, but I just wanted to see what folks thought and I gathered enough info to know the answer to that.

I truly respect what PG does for baseball and I don't mean any disrespect to them at all. When I stated that not only Jerry posts, I meant that, because STAFF does not mean one person, last time I knew, if I'm wrong, than so be it!! LOL

Oh and one last point, if I only scout on the internet, does the internet give out ticket stubs at $5, $8 and $10 dollar increments like I have accumulated the last several years? Because I have a slew of them I could send ya.

Thanks again and good luck to ya'll!

X
Last edited by XMLBScout