Skip to main content

Reply to "Scout Talk?"

quote:
And if you think just Jerry posts under PGSTAFF here, you are NUTS! There are others who have access to PG email interfaces, like Tyson, Andy, Jim Ecker and others that work for PG, even Allan Simpson and his son have screen names

Just to be clear, the above statement (rather than someones opinion) is 100% incorrect. I can't imagine why you would claim that without knowing for sure, which is my biggest problem with all of this stuff. I don't think any of those mentioned have ever posted on HSBBW under any screen name. At least one of those mentioned has told me I am NUTS for spending so much time on here. Every post (it's been many) by PGStaff has come from one person, no one else knows the password! Not many people in our organization even log on to HSBBW, let alone post anything.

quote:
I truly respect what PG does for baseball and I don't mean any disrespect to them at all.

This might be true, but then you say...

quote:
TPM asked why I never have been to a PG National Event or the Jupiter event, etc., and that answer is simply, why should I pay for a list of names that I can accumulate by paying a gate pass to and writing their names down?

My question... Why do so many MLB scouts, front office people and college coaches pay for this information and go to those events? The obvious answer... It's to SEE the players! The more you can see at one place is better than spending 100 times more to fly around the country seeing them. We know because we actually do fly people all over the place to see players. For sure we have people covering all the events that have a large number of talented players. It's very expensive!

We are aware that our player lists are given out to those not in attendance. We know because we have a method for checking this. Odd how a players name can be listed and he receives invitations to other evnts claiming they saw him. Problem is he wasn't there, he didn't make it there, he was just listed on the roster for that event.

Anyway, so long as everything stays positive, but more importantly factual and truthful... I guess we will just have to see how this plays out.