Skip to main content

Reply to "Scout Talk?"

PG Jerry,

I will remain positive and have vowed not ruffle any feathers. I am a renewed person who would like to contribute here without being questioned at every turn by people who really don't know me at all.

It never even entered my mind that someone else posted under PG STAFF. I knew better because you are the only PG STAFF I've ever known here. Always helpful, truthful, and just PG Jerry. Not sure why X thought otherwise. I'm very aware that only one person posts under that avatar ( even if it is another college logo Smile), and so is everyone else here, except for newcomers.

I know exactly what you were saying in your earlier post when X first started this thread about those that manipulate the messageboards for self-serving purposes. Believe it or not, I have no alterior motives involved with my "passion for the game of baseball". None, whatsoever! I am on nobody's payroll involving these prospects, it's just what I enjoy doing around my teaching job of 17 years. I teach science, and have a good working background involving athletic related movements with countless hours of research, and video analysis. I am a person who enjoys my profession because it involves everything around us and can impact all of our future if someone doesn't come up with some answers to solve many current worldwide trends.

I want you to also know, personally, I think the absolute world of the PG family. You all have made "HUGE SACRIFICES" through these many years, and it hasn't gone unnoticed. And especially for baseball prospects who never would have received the opportunities that the PG service provides in the modern age of baseball scouting.

I've said this to you before, I wished you guys would have been around when my brothers and I all played because I do believe things might have turned out differently for several of us back then when we played in the 80's and early 90's. As it has turned out, I believe I'm exactly where I am supposed to be helping inner-city student/athletes stay on track, and reach a level of success that will make them productive citizens in this tough economical environment we find ourselves in nowadays. It's a calling that is sometimes not easy for a person to see without a little help along the way. Euphoria has blinded many with unreasonable goals and dreams, including me. My goals were way too tunnel vision back in my playing days, and I had to fail in the reality of my own selfish dream before I could be of any use to these kids I teach. I am blessed, and I count my blessings every day. Like you, I don't have time for this type of behavior on a messageboard, and certainly don't invite it! I find myself seeking an avenue to stay involved. Unfortunately, I have encountered those out here who have taken it upon themselves to be my judge and juror. That's a shame because I do have old school hard knocks experience that may help someone traveling down a similiar path as I have. That's really why I'm here, and will post in the hitting/pitching forums over the holidays. I am looking forward to talking with Bluedog, and many others over this Thanksgiving/Winter Break. That's the scout talk I really want to be involved with, not the scout talk about prospects up in this forum. You guys do a good enough job for me, along with Baseball America, when it comes to scouting and evaluating talent. It needs to be said by an unbias person that the travel costs you guys must incur must be astronomical! I know this from my own limited travel in the past to baseball events, especially, a 2-flighter across the country as in the AFLAC trips! WOW! I hear you on that very valid point you made above! WOW! I do enjoy attending your events though, when I can. Heck, it's only $10 for a one day pass in Jupiter, for example. That is the best $10 investment any baseball person can possibly make! In fact, I have been to two Jupiter tournaments in the past 3 years. Saw you at both, along with many others.

Well, it's certainly not about me, and I shoulda stayed on the sidelines in the "all to familiar, let's get to know each other party between the two posters above". I find it almost comical that the same strategy and questions were asked at my party a few years back! It's like being screened for an FBI job! Enough rambling. Have a good week, sir.

Respectfully,
Fathertime71
Last edited by fathertime71