Skip to main content

Reply to "Seahawks or Pats"

When I was a kid the Patriots did worse than suck. They were a joke. We used to sneak into games at Harvard and BC. It was easy. The Patriots probably told security to let us sneak in so there would be fans in the seats. I was at the snowball game against the Vikings at Harvard. My biggest memory as a kid was a pregnant lady beating the piss out of a (guessing) twelve year old over a ball on an extra point. This was before end zone nets. My two biggest football memories were Carl Garrett running for 41 yards on 3rd and 38 and Plunkett to Vataha for 88 yards and a TD to beat the Baltimore Colts. Schaeffer Stadium was a joke. It was the world's biggest high school stadium. It was 60,000 bleacher seats.

Now as for the game Sunday. This is a very evenly matched game. I wouldn't bet any more than I was willing to accept losing. The game could very well be decided by a field goal. Worst case, one team will be ahead by ten points late in the game and maybe get another closing touchdown after one team goes for it in their own territory.

For the Patriots, their offensive line has to hold up. Stork's health could be a key to this game. For the Seahawks they have to be careful they don't get beat to death on short slants. I expect Brady to get hit more than often but get the passes off. It will be interesting to see how the Patriots rush Wilson. Where he excels is when he creates more time than usual with his legs.

Patriots deflate the Seahawks 27-24. If I was a Seahawks fan I would probably see it the other way.