Skip to main content

Reply to "Seahawks or Pats"

RJM - did you have inside information?  10 point differential?  27-24 final - that's a prediction worthy of perhaps buying some lottery tickets this week - heck you never know!

Absolutely shocked that Seahawks didn't run Lynch... As a Pats fan I certainly felt - oh here we go again with that catch on the sideline... But Seattle mismanaged the final 2 minutes. Forced to take a timeout with just under 2 minutes when they couldn't change to a different play once Wilson saw the D... That's a timeout they probably could have used with a 2nd and goal from the 1. The reason for the pass on that play - they were using it as an extra timeout *if* the ball wasn't caught, then they go to Lynch on 3rd and 4th, but you have to *get there* first. As the Seahawks got the ball with 2 minutes left I said to those around me - this reminds me of Titans/Rams SB XXXIV where the receiver was literally 1 yard short of the goal line, stretching his arm out trying to reach it as time expire.  I said either the Seahawks were going to come up short by 1 yard or score from 1 yard out with Lynch.

It's like a baseball coach of a #1 seed not throwing his #1 in the first round of the playoffs...  Gotta go with your best option sometimes.