Skip to main content

Reply to "Seahawks or Pats"

I agree with your point.  With six seconds you have the chance to kick the FG on a quick incomplete.  But if anything goes wrong, tip, bad snap, bobbled snap or a pick he gets nothing and with no TO no room for error. 

My point is that everyone focuses on the last few plays but everything leading up to that matters.

Crazy stuff like Brady's first pick resulting in the injury of the CB that the Pats then were able to pick at the replacement rest of the game.  Stopping Lynch on 3rd and 1 on the 5 in the 3rd Quarter so the game was not a tie at the end so a field goal would win.  Each of these plays changes the game as much as a unheard of guy making a great play to intercept a pass at the end does.

As for Collingsworth I think he is OK.  I liked Madden better because Madden understood better than anyone before or since that the game should be fun. Everything he did or said was not end of the world serious.  Most importantly - even though he knew his stuff and everyone knew it - he didn't take himself that seriously.  It is why he is the best that ever did it in any sport IMO.  Tough act to follow at any rate.