Skip to main content

Reply to "searching perfect game data"

To the OPs actual question, yes (sort of) it can be done...but, yes, you do need "real paying", Scout Level access.  I did exactly what it sounds like you are trying to do to assess where BucsFanSon was along the way the last few years.  You can only search by state (not by region), so would have to look up all the states and add up the data...not hard, just takes time.  I actually have been meaning to suggest to PGStaff that they add a regional type option (MidAtlantic, SouthEast, MidWest, NorthEast) to capture more than one state at a time.  I am sure it is very easy to do.  Anyway, here is  how you do it:

1. Get Scout Level Access

2. Click on "Scouting Tools"

3. Off to the the left, right under the search button, click on "Advanced Search"

4. All of your search menu options are right there.

It was great.  I went so far as to look, for example, at each kid who was 6' 2" or taller who had hit 88mph by the time they were in the Fall of junior year, how many were committed/where, etc.  Just as an example and for illustration, the data would suggest that a kid who was that tall and hit 88mph or higher had a 67% chance of being committed.  It's not perfect but any information is good as part of the overall picture.  It is a lot of clicking around and from one profile to another, but it was helpful.

Last edited by BucsFan