Skip to main content

Reply to "Season approaching fast"

justbball ...

As I understand it from my years involved in high school sports, each CIF section can make its own rules. For instance, in the Southern Section, a high school coach of a governed sport cannot participate with any of his players in that sport other than at school. So, we don't have high school coaches involved with any "club" programs in volleyball, etc. For baseball, except for the part of summer when American Legion and the like are in "season", I do not know of any other time that baseball coaches can work with their players. I believe it is similar in other sports.

It is confusing, but I guess since there isn't any true "state championship" in most athletics (I believe cross country would be one exception), we don't have to worry about a "level playing field" with different practice seasons, etc. Many people involved in the Southern Section believe that there are too many rules and that our CIF-SS needs to "back off", especially since these items don't seem to be an issue with other CIF sections.

Wierd, huh? noidea

C'mon guys ... let me out !!!
I just wanna see a game !!!
H-mom
We learn a lot from crayons:
some are sharp; some are dull; some are pretty;
some have weird names; all are different colors.
And they all have to learn to live in the same box.