Skip to main content

Reply to "SEC vs ACC - draft opportunities"

We had 10 go to pro ball from last year's team at UT.  Every fielder from the final starting lineup was drafted except 1 who has a degree in aeronautical engineering along with a trio of pitchers.  Several transfer guys said on the podcast they came because of better opportunities to be drafted higher as suggested by their advisors.  We have the 1st or second overall pick next year, according to who you read, and 3 of the top 23 college picks.  I do not say that to brag but to say that if you are strictly looking at numbers it makes sense to go SEC.  But I also believe that every SEC or ACC team gets to play some tough competition.  I feel like some college coaches do a great job of promoting their players to pro scouts and making it easier to get information.  Our coaching staff does a great job of giving the pro scouts all kinds of info on players according to a few of my scout buddies.  The analytics are the thing now and some college coaches are not willing to share their analytics on their own players with anyone.  I know they can still get them but it makes it a little harder for pro teams and some times later in the process.

Son is filling out MLB questionairre right now and one of the questions is what % describes how committed you are to playing pro ball next year.  Son put 100% but that has not been there before.  I thought it was interesting.

Last edited by PitchingFan