Skip to main content

Reply to "SED Predictions"

Since we approach the halfway point, I'll throw my guess of the final finish into the mix.

1 GB

2 Hickory

3 WB

4 GF

5 NR

6 IR

7 OS

8 LHS

9 KF

10 DC

GB looks as though it could possibly power its way to an undefeated season, although they've had a few close calls without Jones on the mound.

Hickory is the only team that has beaten GF so far, Eason has put on a serious and suprising display for the Hawks, as well as Lowry and Polansky tearing it up at the plate, leading the offensive side of the ball.

For WB, Rutherford has shown maturity on the mound, beating Rice in the head to head matchup at NR, the lineup shows depth, and the defense is very clean.

GF has had a good enough run in the first half to hold onto the four seed. They will beat the teams they are supposed to beat in the second half, but I feel WB and NR will be more prepared for the Grizzlies this time around. (I do think they will be 6-2 after today).

NR has struggled everywhere but the mound. In their key losses, they simply did not have the run support, and the other teams runs have come from errors, (3-1 loss vs Hickory and WB)  

Indian River will turn it around in the second half to hold onto the 6 Seed, given that Robert White's arm does not fall off. I've heard that he's gone over 100+ pitches in every game since day 1.

I don't think OS will last through the second half of the season to secure the 6 Seed. They are good enough to beat the Lakelands, Deep Creeks, and Kings Forks, but it is to be seen if they beat the big dogs.