Skip to main content

Reply to "SED / Tidewater Week 2"

GoHeels posted:
BaseballDad757 posted:

IR beats WB 7-1.  WB youth being exposed and they look lethargic.  Freshman Antonio Velazquez started on hill and didn't do so well.  Another Freshman started in RF.  Only 2 Seniors started for WB.  Two normal starters are injured.   Rough outlook for WB.    IR hit very well and played a solid overall game.  

I understand the injury issue.  NR has had past/present injury issues with the top FOUR arms on the pitching staff (not necessarily pitching related), along with occasional and in some cases, persistent, nagging injuries with three position players.  Some have kept kids off the mound.  Some have impacted the lineup from day to day.  Arms, ankles, surgery, stitches, knees, hip flexors, hamstrings, quad pulls...you name it!!!!   It's been a crazy spring!

Didn't the NR catcher just get cleated bad on his arm?  Out a few weeks?   And they suffered pitching injuries earlier too.   Seems to haunt them each year I've noticed.  They are solid this year though....poised to make a deep playoff run in my opinion.  Solid offense and pitching is healthy and good now!  Could be a special year!!

Last edited by BaseballDad757