Skip to main content

Reply to "Seeking advice"

Toolman my 2019 also is going the JUCO route (btw..we had a nice ceremony Wednesday on NSD).    I think its also tough on him since he has grown up with a big SEC school down the street from where we live.  One of his main criteria was choosing a school not too far away from home.   He had plenty of D2 and D3 reaching out to him, and a mid major D1,  but he did not want to go off to another state to a school in the middle of nowhere.  The JUCO is about an hour away with dorms/apartments that he will live in.  He is also fortunate that a great friend of his is also going their to play baseball and will be his roommate.    Of his core group of high school friends, all are leaving town to play either college football or baseball.   So that has helped.  Another huge selling point is the JUCO coach.  A former MLB pitcher who seems to really care about his players/recruits.   When my son goes up to visit with him or to watch practice the coach will call to check on if he got home o.k.   Another factor my son wanted was ZERO college debt.  With 100% tuition and books for the first two years it looks like that will happen.  I am also partial to JUCO since I am a professor at one (not the one he is going to).    Finally, with further development (got to get that fastball faster because from what I have seen that is all that matters), he will hopefully get picked up by a four year school.  So Toolman congrats to your son and I hope he has a great two years!!